Since the source is there, I may give-it-a-go myself this eve, if it's not
too difficult to set up (the extension should be easy, but I don't know
about the other project that provides the actual implementation).  If I do,
I'll make it statically linked so there will be no dependencies.

For Andrea Peri's benefit, I did google and find where someone mentions the
appropriate flags to statically link the dependency in, thus avoiding this
problem.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4702732/the-program-cant-start-because-li
bgcc-s-dw2-1-dll-is-missing
So Andrea may wish to rebuild and replace the existing dll for the benefit
of the community.

-dave