I'm a developer and I much prefer the forum approach. I don't get to
read all of the threads on here because I do have a specific interest
in a subset of the SQLite subject.

I like the ability to subscribe to a thread and get updates when someone replies

I like to be able to embed graphics (I understand why some would not
allow this but most forums I am in are closed/strictly monitored)

I like the ability to split a thread when it has gone off topic.

I like formatting my posts :)

Forums were after all partly designed to address the short comings of
email lists (although email clients have also moved on)

There are forums that also support an email interface so I am sure if
there is a will there is a a way

I can live with things how they are though.

Paul
www.sandersonforensics.com
skype: r3scue193
twitter: @sandersonforens
Tel +44 (0)1326 572786
http://sandersonforensics.com/forum/content.php?195-SQLite-Forensic-Toolkit
-Forensic Toolkit for SQLite
email from a work address for a fully functional demo licence