OK, let me give the simplest example possible.

Table with 3 integer fields, A, B and C

A    B     C
----------------------------
1     1     2
2     1     2
1     2     1
2     2     1

This needs to be sorted on column A asc
Then when the value in A is 1 the second sort needs to be asc on column B,
but when the value in A is 2 then the second sort  needs to be asc on
column C.
So, the result should be this:

A    B     C
1     1     2
1     2     1
2     2     1
2     1     2

I could think of various ways to achieve this, but not with one statement.

RBS