Thanks.
I doing building automation using Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and zigbee
devices. I started with Python, but that is too slow, so I would like to
move to C++. Dropped messages are not acceptable, and response to user
actions needs to be "timely".

I'll hold futher questions until after looking at the recommendations my
by you kind people.