Once again thank you very much Igor. I was making my life miserable
trying to scan the "tree" from the other end.

At 00:37 01/03/2015, you wrote:
????
>It's a bit unfortunate that you made the root a parent of itself.
>Forces the query to make an extra check to avoid infinite recursion.
`---

Yeah I know it was bad, it was only a quick & dirty sample. My use case
is pretty more complex but your advice works like a charm, which isn't
surprising.

Without abusing your time and patience, do you see a simple solution
more fitted to a case where there are zillions "directories" at varying
depths but only very few "files", that is without listing all the
possible paths first and finally matching them the the files' directories?