On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Scott Doctor <scott at scottdoctor.com> wrote:

> To review, after opening the database, issue the PRAGMA busy_timeout =  x,
> with x being however long I want to wait before aborting. I can keep both
> database handles open at the same time, but need to make sure I finalize
> the operation before the timeout happens (assuming the other program is
> also trying to access the database at the same time).

I haven't seen anyone give the typical warning about not doing this on a
network file system. Since I'm not clear on whether your two or more
processes are running on the same machine accessing a local drive or on
multiple machines or over a network, keep in mind that network file systems
are notoriously bad at the things SQLite needs (locking). If you haven't
yet read https://www.sqlite.org/whentouse.html it might be a good thing to
review. If I missed something and this is all old hat, my apolgoies for the
repetition.

--
Scott Robison