On 2015-05-03 08:18 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:
> SQLite is not in default Windows installations (historically - that is
> about to change with Windows 10 which uses SQLite as a core OS
> component) but many Windows desktops will include secondary software
> such as Firefox or Chrome or iTunes or Skype or Dropbox or something
> else that contains SQLite.//... snip

Actually, ALL Windows installations since 7 comes with SKYPE as default
which uses SQLite extensively.  I know this having made add-ons for
skype. (I think however in Win 7 you could still remove it if you wanted
to).

If anyone is interested, simply go to your
\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Skype\ folder and find "main.db" in
there in your favourite SQLite tool. Open it in read-only mode if skype
is running. Encryption is only for sensitive data, so you could poke
around your normal call/message data for fun - quite interesting.