On 15 Oct 2015, at 7:37pm, Michael Horn <michael.horn1710 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to this and an amateur to say the least. I'm trying to recover
> online some chat files. I'm using SQLite manager to read files and the
> files I was just using yesterday are not opening. file error: either the
> file is encrypted or corrupt component returned failure code 0x8052000b.
> Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks.

First, ignore whatever tool you're currently using to view the files and use
the SQLite command-line tool instead.  Does it get the same kind of error ?  If
so ...

Do you have hexdump or any other tool which can show the beginning of the file
as Hexadecimal higits ?  The beginning of a normal SQLite database is a fixed
header containing easy-to-read ASCII characters.  By looking at the file you're
trying to open we might be able to figure out what it is.

Simon.