Assuming the A*spammer is a basic algo subscribed to the list, and
sending to any sender in a reasonably short time after posting;

Question:  Is it possible for the admin to easily backup the list,
bisect it, and test for spam?
That technique should identify the offending address in
log2(N-Users-Subscribed) attempts.

If unfeasible, I'd prefer mangling / salting the e-mail addresses of
users (if this can be done easily) displayed to thwart bot spammers
and still see the names of the poster.   I follow interesting 'topics'
rather than people, but I think seeing the names of posters up-front
is part of the community dynamic that has been built, and makes
following the exchanges easier to follow, particularly for longer
threads.

Adam D