That would be my assumption. ?And experimentation seems to back it up (at least
for NOT NULL):
sqlite> create table cc (c1 integer not null,c2 integer
check(typeof(c2)<>'null'));sqlite> insert into cc values (null,null);Error: NOT
NULL constraint failed: cc.c1sqlite> insert into cc values (1,null);Error:
CHECK constraint failed: ccsqlite> insert into cc values (1,1);
sqlite> pragma ignore_check_constraints = yes;sqlite> insert into cc values
(1,null);sqlite>
Peter

     On Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:02 PM, Simon Slavin <slavins at
bigfraud.org> wrote:

On 11 Sep 2015, at 1:17am, Peter Aronson <pbaronson at att.net> wrote:

> I do not believe NOT NULL is a CHECK constraint, though you could use gender
> TEXT CHECK(typeof(gender) <> 'null') is and would work much the same way,
> though possibly with less efficiency.

Looking at

<https://www.sqlite.org/syntax/column-constraint.html>

maybe the 'constraints' that the documentation refers to are the ones
specifically declared using CHECK in the table definition.? Perhaps NOT NULL
and UNIQUE don't count.

Simon.