On Sep 13, 2015, at 3:06 AM, Domingo Alvarez Duarte <sqlite-mail at
dev.dadbiz.es> wrote:

> Due the way sqlite manages it's source code (with fossil-scm) I propose to
> anyone that has any extension/custom sqlite code fork this project on github:

Fossil allows anonymous clones, and the Fossil server on sqlite.org is
configured not to allow checkins from anonymous users.  Therefore, your local
changes affect your personal repository only, just as with Github.  The only
difference is that your personal fork of the repository isn?t automatically
shared with the entire world.

When the time does come to share, Fossil has the concept of ?bundles,? which
allows you to send a subset of your local repository to someone with permission
to check it in, preserving all details of the change you made.  Not just file
content changes, but also checkin comments, branch points, merges, etc.

Fossil bundles are far better than patch(1) files if your change is complicated
enough to need more than a single checkin.

  http://fossil-scm.org/xfer/help?cmd=bundle

The simplest option is ?export --branch?, since that isolates your local
changes from any made to the main repo?s trunk since your initial clone.