Em 19/09/2015 11:13, "Rob Willett" <
mail.robertwillett.com at postfix.robertwillett.com> escreveu:

> Ryan,
>
> Thanks. We?ve got 100 requests a second which may be enough. We?ll keep
looking though for any time.

Have you considered to implement the service using a compiled language,
configured to run through FastCGI?

I'm sure it can beat your current performance and such simple service can
be easily done even if you don't master the language.

There are lot of resources on net how to do with C, C++ or even Go.

In my side, i build web services using FreePascal with sqlite as db. It
runs in apache through CGI with Fastcgi as an option. Service like yours
can be implemented in a few minutes.

Luiz

> Rob.

> > >Rob: "Our business is GPS and GIS traffic data...."
> >
> > Oops yes, that's a whole nother kettle of fish then. To return to some
of the older parts of the conversation, I think the SQL route is best
(whichever engine is chosen) - I am sure you will need to expand in future.
I hope you get the PERL latency sorted out.