Hugues Bruant wrote on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:06 AM
> > > in some cases the SIndex captured inside the first lambda (UPDATE
> > > statement) appeared to be null even though it wasn't null in the
> > > enclosing scope (setVersion_)
> >
> > Interesting (and disturbing) result. Is this with Oracle's java
> compiler?
> >
> Compiler is Oracle JDK 8u40-b25 on OSX
> Runtime is OpenJDK 8u60-b04 built from source on OS X, Windows and
> Linux
>
> It's pretty rare but damaging enough that I'm going to avoid capturing
> lambdas in critical code paths from now on.

Perhaps everyone is aware already, but it seems like at least sometimes lambdas
expose underlying thread synchronization problems.

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and
subject to important terms and conditions available at
http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete this message.