You could use a binary PList or some other form of structured data -
the BPList blob could then contain, ints, floats, strings byte arrays
or even embedded binary plists. As it is a structured format then to
an extent it is self documenting (in terms of the stored data types)
Paul
www.sandersonforensics.com
skype: r3scue193
twitter: @sandersonforens
Tel +44 (0)1326 572786
http://sandersonforensics.com/forum/content.php?195-SQLite-Forensic-Toolkit
-Forensic Toolkit for SQLite
email from a work address for a fully functional demo licence