On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Igor Korot <ikorot01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> What I mean is the following:
>
> sqlite> CREATE TABLE abc<ss>();
>
> In that line '<ss>' should be the German character which look like the
> Greek letter "beta".

In the good old DOS days I would probably just do ALT+NUMPAD2,2,0,
> but that will most likely won't work here.

It does appear to work for me. I used
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page_437 as a guide.

C:\Users\DDevienne>chcp
Active code page: 437

ALT129 (keep pressing ALT, then press successively on keypad 1, 2, 9)
C:\Users\DDevienne>echo ?
?

ALT225
C:\Users\DDevienne>echo ?
?

C:\Users\DDevienne>sqlite3
SQLite version 3.8.9 2015-04-08 12:16:33
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
sqlite> create table t? (c?);
sqlite> insert into t? (c?) values (char(220));
sqlite> insert into t? (c?) values ('?');
sqlite> .header on
sqlite> select * from t?;
c?
??
?sqlite> .schema
CREATE TABLE t? (c?);

But you'll notice sqlite3.exe (not the latest, perhaps it matters) doesn't
show the UTF-8 encoded text value correctly,
but does show the table and column name correctly. But does it convert the
Windows CodePage console entered
text to unicode internally, to make the DB portable to another OS? My guess
is that it stores the bytes as-is, which
is why they show up correctly, otherwise why properly convert idents, but
not text values? Pure conjecture though. --DD

PS: Hopefully the above umlaut and ss above, which look correct in Chrome,
will make it across correctly.