The backup API is not designed to recover corrupted databases.

Generally speaking, there is no standard way to recover from a corrupt
database.  The best policy is not to corrupt it in the first place.  In
practice, if you follow the rules, it is very very hard to corrupt a database.
Just be sure you?re not breaking one of the rules; if the database is inside
another database, I question how locks and matched auxiliary files (journal,
for example) are being handled.

https://www.sqlite.org/howtocorrupt.html

  -j