On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Keith Medcalf <kmedcalf at dessus.com> wrote:

> And I thought the "Object Oriented" jihad blew up when it was discovered
> to be counter to productivity and performance in the 1990's and that it did
> not provide a single one of the "advantages" claimed by its mujahedeen
> warriors.

Any time one starts using religious terminology to describe a technology,
whether pro or con, it seems suspect to me. There are many successful
projects that utilize object oriented techniques to some extent. SQLite
itself included.

It is possible to write crappy code in any language, and it is possible to
write elegant / efficient code in most languages. Often the choice is not
the language but rather the algorithms implemented.

I would never suggest that everyone must use OO, but to suggest it is
worthless or never works seems suspect to me.

--
Scott Robison