Hi Krista,

Regarding: I have downloaded the two 64-bit Windows files on my Windows 8.1
PC,

Are you referring to sqlite.exe and maybe sqlite.dll ?

Regarding: .... but I cannot get SQLite to install on my PC.

I'm not sure I understand you.   Maybe you could rewrite this in form of
something like:

I did X and I expected Y, but instead I see Z.

Are you trying to install the command line standalone program, sqlite.exe?
  You just place it either in your current directory or somewhere in your
windows path.   I assume you're sure you have a 64-bit version of windows
installed.

Your fellow students and instructor should also be able to help I should
hope.

Donald