Hi There,

I have a requirement to build a Windows based Point of Sales (POS)
application, the application must run on an ATOM based workstation hardware
which runs on Windows POS Ready 2009 (with 2 GB RAM) and following are
expected out of the application to be built.

*         The system must work off/online (without or with back office
system connectivity)

o   This means we need to have the complete product list, cashier data,
sales data sitting on the POS terminal and updated periodically by the
backend system.

o   The product list will have about 100,000 records with about 30 columns
per record

o   Cashier list is not much just about 100 records max but it will have the
biometric data (binary)

*         System has to store every sales transaction captured in the
terminal and its pushed to the back end system if it is online or stored
locally until the system goes online

o   The sales data can be somewhere between 10000 to 30000 records per day
depends on the occasion and the POS terminal can be office line for months.

*         Data stored in the POS terminal must survive during power
failures.

*         System must be fast enough to serve the customer

o   This means the system must read the record and present on the screen the
moment the barcode is scanned

*         Data must be stored securely, so that no one can manipulate the
sales figures stored locally.

*         Recovery of the sales information during the system failures must
be easy

*         Application must be easily deployable

*         There are few other tables (around 6) to store the device
(printer, scanner, etc.) configuration, user configuration, etc.

I'm thinking going ahead with WPF based on Windows application for the touch
interface, SQLite for the local data store and micro services to
send/receive information from back office system.

Just wanted to make sure I'm making the right choice for the local data
store.

Please share your valuable inputs for me to decide the right data store
here.

Thanks and Regards

Anandan Shanmugam