On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 6:50 AM, Jonathan Moules <
jonathan-li...@lightpear.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>    I'm using Python's sqlite3 library to access a SQLite db. I'd like to
> set the location for the temporary databases in a platform agnostic fashion
> (*nix or Windows).
>
> This page - https://www.sqlite.org/tempfiles.html - gives a number of
> options, but the only good one I can see for using it via Python would be
> the PRAGMA.
> But the docs for PRAGMA temp_store_directory; (
> https://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_temp_store_directory ) say this
> is deprecated.
>
> So what's the recommended way to achieve this?
>

> Take a look at https://www.sqlite.org/tempfiles.html, specifically item
5.0.  which addresses this question.  It varies a bit depending on your
environment, so there's no single answer.  On my Linux system, I fiddle
with the SQLITE_TMPDIR environment variable.

You might want to describe your environment so that folks with a similar
environment can respond more helpfully.

--
#define QUESTION ((bb) || (!bb)) /* Shakespeare */