On Sep 10, 2016 2:54 AM, "John McMahon" <li...@jspect.fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On 08/09/2016 10:09, Bob McFarlane wrote:
>>
>> Please reply if you sent this. Thanks.
>>

> Hmm, looks like a fishing exercise to me. Same message in several threads.
>
> This reply only to mailing list.

It's an anti-spam measure. Most spam will either not get the auto generated
message, or if it is a forgery the victim has a chance to disavow the
content.

I think it is too heavy handed a technique personally, but to each their
own.

I sent the sender an email letting him know that his anti-spam system was
spamming the crap out of the list and he fixed it. Easy peasy.

> John

On