On 14 Sep 2016, at 1:09pm, Martin Raiber <mar...@urbackup.org> wrote:

> I'd expect corruptions to affect sqlite3_step as well and earlier. This
> IO error only occurs for sqlite3_prepare_v2.

Because you have posted an error which can result from a corrupted database, it
is definitely worth doing an integrity_check (the full one, not the quick one)
just to dismiss this as a possible cause.

There were a lot of changes from 3.7 to 3.12 and it's possible that one of them
causes SQLite to read a piece of the database file it previously didn't need to.

I assume from your answer that you are not using any PRAGMAs in your program.

Simon.