Your best work-around is to fix your schema.  Do *not* say

    UNIQUE PRIMARY KEY

That is redundant.  PRIMARY KEYs are always UNIQUE.  Just say PRIMARY
KEY and omit the UNIQUE.

Of course, SQLite should be able to deal with this redundancy without
a dramatic slowdown.  That problem will be fixed in the 3.15.0
release.  We will also add test cases to try to prevent a recurrence
of this or similar problems.

But in the meantime, just remove the UNIQUE from all your PRIMARY KEYs
and your performance issues should go away.  For all versions of
SQLite.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org