On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Keith Medcalf <kmedc...@dessus.com> wrote:

> [...] bind the RHS of a IN operator of arbitrary size [...]
>
> A carray won't work for you?

No. carray doesn't support blobs.

The semantic of carray is fundamentally flawed for variable-sized values.
And the lifetime management, or lack thereof, is also fundamentally flawed.

Binding is about providing explicit values to a compiled statement.

Binding a surrogate (a raw pointer...) to those values, to a table-valued
function,
which further assumes a given representation in memory, which for char*
implies
an indirection to some other memory slots which must be null-terminated,
that's
all very "icky" IMHO, and most unlike SQLite's usual clean designs.

My proposed sqlite3_bind_row_value() is I think much closer to SQLite's
norm. FWIW. --DD