On Sat, 1 Oct 2016, Domingo Alvarez Duarte wrote:

Hello !

I'm using sqlite (trunk) for a database (see bellow) and for a final database file of 22GB a "vacuum" was executed and doing so it made a lot of I/O ( 134GB reads and 117GB writes in 2h:30min).

What means are you using the evaluate the total amount of I/O?

At what level (e.g. OS system call, individual disk I/O) are you measuring the I/O?

If the problem is more physical disk I/O than expected then is it possible that the underlying filesystem blocksize does not match the blocksize that SQLite is using? You may have an issue with write amplification at the filesystem level.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn