On 8 October 2016 at 14:31, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 10/8/16, Conor O <conor.scorp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Assertion failed: stateno <= YY_SHIFT_COUNT, file testpar.c, line 512
> >
> > I'm trying to figure out if this is a bug or something I'm just not
> > understanding correctly.
>
> An assertion fault is always a bug.  This is true of any application.

I was thinking that I have asserts in my own code which would break if
someone else called it badly, so it could always have be me :-)

> Can you send in sufficient information for me to reproduce the problem?

Absolutely! I've simplified some source code and attached two files
testlex.c and testpar.c. I'm not sure if the mailing list strips out
attachments so if it's ok I'll CC to your personal email as well. I was
compiling with simply:
    gcc -Wall -mconsole -o testlex.exe testlex.c testpar.c

By the way, Lemon itself will assert if you place the start symbol on the
right hand side of a rule. It does tell you that as it going about the
assertion though, so I think that's ok!

Thanks,

Conor.