发件人:Simon slavinslav...@bigfraud.org
发送时间:2016年10月10日(周一) 17:03
主题:Re: [sqlite] CREATE TABLE/ALTER TABLE Slow Down When Table CountGrow

On 10 Oct 2016, at 4:52am, sanhua.zh sanhua...@foxmail.com wrote:  I
foundCREATE TABLE/ALTER TABLE Slow Down When Table Count Grow. Yes. SQLite
needs to search through the (hashed) list of tables every time you give it a
command that uses tables. The more tables there are, the longer it has to
search -- each time it gets a command. The more tables there are, the more
indexes there are, and the longer SQLite has to spend searching through the
indexes too. The more tables there are, the more space is wasted on space
allocated to each of these tables and indexes which goes unused. Are you
creating new tables inside your application ? Do these new tables have the same
columns as one-another (or nearly the same columns) ? If so, then it is far
more efficient to create one table with one extra column for what used to be
the tablename. SQLite can easily handle a table with billions of rows and it
will far faster to do that than searching through ten thousand tables. Simon.