These are simply blanks, 0x20, use to create separation of the output
columns. I'm assuming this is an inherent behavior for readability. If the
output was not being directed to the output file, it would be directed to
the display.

I'm trying to avoid pre processing (creating a table or view of the
preprocessed data) and post processing (having to pass 10g of text data to
removed blanks -- which is dangerous on its own.)

dvn