> On Oct 15, 2016, at 11:38 AM, Luca Olivetti <l...@wetron.es> wrote:
>
> I'm aware of the limitation but for my application[*] it is perfectly fine,
> maybe it is also ok for the OP, maybe it isn't.

OK, but if you’re proposing a solution that you know has major limitations, I
think it’s a good idea to disclose them, since the person taking the advice
might not be aware of them. (I’ve been burned by this in the past.)

> [*] I have to insert records in the given order but the user may occasionally
> rearrange them.

What happens if the user makes a series of rearrangements that triggers a
collision? It’s not that far fetched; all I have to do is, one at a time, drag
ten records to right after one particular record. This is the kind of thing a
good [read: malicious] tester will quickly figure out :)

—Jens