People,

I previously posted about a "Simple SQLite app importing from mmssms.db and using GContacts"

I periodically crash or otherwise do a factory reset on my Android phone
but rather than restoring all the SMS messages I would like to just
import from the backup mmssms.db into a Linux app and keep all the old
messages for historical posterity allowing me to search and look up
messages etc in a consolidated DB.  I can't find anything in existence
that does this nicely so it seems like the easiest way to do this would
be build it myself using Ruby + SQLite but I thought I would check here
first - has anyone already done something like this? Any pointers about
where to get started?

but I didn't get any responses so I am posting again with a different Subject. My process is:

- rsync the current mmssms.db from my phone to my Fedora Linux system prior to doing any factory resets or dangerous tinkering

- dump data out of the mmssms.db file

I want to import data into a DB that can keep accumulating stuff.

I will probably only ever want to look at historical stuff on my computer but maybe a web app would be convenient for remote access.

What development environment would people suggest for building the sqlite app?

Thanks,

Phil.

--
Philip Rhoades