On 24 October 2016 at 16:59, Werner Kleiner <sqlitetes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In an error log there is a message like:
> SQlite warning (284) automatic index on is_mytable(internalvalue)
>
> What does this mean?

It means that SQLite's query optimiser has decided the most efficient way
to get the results you asked for is to:

(a) create an index on the 'internalvalue' column of 'is_mytable'
(b) use the index from (a) to help execute the query
(c) drop the index created in (a)

However I see you already have an index 'InternalName' which covers the
'internalvalue' column, so not sure why that isn't being used. Maybe it's
confused by the DESC or the MySQL back-ticks?

What query are you running which produces the warning?

What version of SQLite are you using?
-Rowan