On 24 Oct 2016, at 9:58am, Max Vlasov <max.vla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> in an application that implements encryption/decryption with VFS, what
> is the best way to ensure that the memory of the application doesn't
> contain decrypted data after the database is closed.

We can't answer about memory that your own application handles, of course.

To ensure zeroing out of memory I suggest you use the zero-malloc option as
provided by SQLite's memory allocator.  For more details on them see sections
3.1.4 and 3.1.5 of

<https://www.sqlite.org/malloc.html>

It's also worth noting here that SQLite has the following PRAGMA:

        PRAGMA schema.secure_delete = boolean

which zeros space in files.  However I don't remember this working by zeroing
out the memory copy of the file then writing that block to disk.

Simon.