Hello,

I would like to check for the state of the database before letting the user change any
values, because it's on a LAN and could be in use by another machine, but how can I do
that without issuing a sqlite_exec() that would attempt to write something and then
checking for the SQLITE_BUSY? Is there any way except that?

If I understand correctly, I can set up a one-row table for that purpose and before
each modification try to write to it and see what the return is? But will I get a
SQLITE_BUSY if another table is being used? Does SQLite lock the entire database when
it works with it or just one table? I read the explanation of SQLITE_LOCKED, but it
didn't answer my question - as I understood it, it means if I screw up somehow then
it's issued?

Thank you in advance,

   Dennis