On 26/2/63 16:31, Jean-Luc Hainaut wrote:
Hi all,

It seems that SQLite (version 31.1) accepts a trigger declaration in which the name is missing. When fired, this trigger doesn't crashes but exhibits a strange behaviour. In particular, while expression "new.<colName>" in an "insert" trigger returns the correct value, the equivalent expression "select <colName> from T where Id = new.Id" always returns null (column "Id" is the PK of table "T"). Similarly, "update T set <columnName> = <expression>  where Id = new.Id" (silently) fails.

A statement like the following creates a "BEFORE" trigger named "AFTER". Does that explain things?

  CREATE TRIGGER AFTER INSERT ON t1 BEGIN
  END;

I find I fall into this trap about once every 18 months...

Dan.

Not critical but annoying if you are, like me, absent minded when typing code!

Regards

Jean-Luc Hainaut