The precompiled version did work. I was just trying to compile it myself to get experience building a linux box.

Lloyd

To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Building sqlite 3.2.8 on redhat 9 (off list)

"Lloyd Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks Kimball
                        Your right about having a little experience. I am
just running into error after error installing apps, but I'm learnoing
slowly. Anyway, I was trying to install the sqlite support for another
application I want to use and as a side issue it seems to have installed
sqlite 3.2.8 correctly for me. It would be good if I could type sqlite3 at
the prompt and it would just start.

Did the precompiled binary on the website not work for you?
http://www.sqlite.org/download.html

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>