Hi everyone!

I'm just a bit curios if it would be possible to make like a C precompiler or a macro of some kind that compiles/interpret the SQL-statements to bytecode just like the sqlite_prepare does but does this when compiling/precompiling your application instead of at runtime. Since most application written in C/C++ use static SQL-statements (unless you are building your SQL-strings on the fly) and then bind the values, I guess there would be several benefits for your compiled application:
* Faster: Since the SQL-statement is already interpreted.
* Smaller (not that sqlite needs to be smaller): The executable does not need to contain the part of sqlite that interprets the SQL-statements since this was made at compile time.

Just a thought :)

Best regards
Daniel Önnerby