Hi Lloyd,
I had exactly the same problem being new to C++. These are the steps I took. You may find that the library files may be in a folder where RH does not expect them to be. Try 'whereis libsqlite3.so' to locate. I can't remember where the default lib folder is. you will need to add -lsqlite3 in your Makefile or compile your code with -lsqlite3. You don't mention what errors you get when the make files. Some may be able to help you further if they have that information.

Lloyd T

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lloyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 12:45 PM
Subject: [sqlite] SQLite under linux

Hi all,
 I have been trying to use SQLite with Redhat EL 4. I dont know how to
link the object file. I have downloaded the sqlite-3.3.7.so. but I don't
know how to link my source file with this file.

As mentioned in the quick start guide I have copied the example source
code for C.

though I could not find the sqlite3.h file, I downloaded the source code
file of the sqlite and executed the ../configure command. it worked file

then I tried to "make"  the file, but it failed,  any how I got the
necessary sqlite3.h file.

But still I don't know from where to download the sqlite library and how
to install it in my machine. Awaiting for your kind reply.

Thanks and regards,
 Lloyd.