On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 19:18 +0100, Martin Jenkins wrote:
> If all you want to do is build an application using (some version of)
> sqlite then just download the library and link against it - you don't
> have to download the SQLite source and build it.

Thanks Martin, I too wanted the same only. But I don't know how to
download and install the library on my Linux. I went to the download
section of the SQLite site and found  a file called sqlite-3.3.7.so.gz.
I think this is the library which I want.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to install this library in my system.
Please help me.. If I am dealing with the wrong file, please let me know
from where I can get the needed installable library.

Thanks for your clear and patient reply.

Thanks,
  Lloyd.