Unfortunately our Congress seems to have a short memory, on top of
constantly appearing embarrassingly stupid and crooked as a snake.  I
remember the last time they messed with DST.  Seems little Yankee school
munchkins were being squashed by school buses in the resulting early
morning darkness.  Didn't take long for the voter outcry to reverse that
dumb a-- move :-(

Note to silicon designers:  Don't rush to adjust!

Fred