Would not adding verification cause a problem for those include the downloading of sqlite in bash/make files of certain apps.

Lloydie T

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Shepard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Abuse of the SQLite website

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Mark Richards wrote:

Returning a link that expires in an email to the requester is a method
that works nicely. It does require some programming and maintenance, but
would be a nice gatekeeper.

  Rather than this, I support the idea of an image with letters and digits
in various fonts or colors (so they cannot be readily harvested by OCR
methods) that are to be manually copied to a text entry field.

I've no idea of the relative amounts of effort required by these different approaches, but I suspect that such images are readily available on the Web
and a sufficiently large collection could be used with each presentation
being arbitrary. Perhaps once this is done -- and hidden from page source
view -- it would not need much maintenance.

  The inconvenience to us who access the site is the price we need to pay
given the abuse of the 'Net and the Web.

Rich

<http://www.appl-ecosys.com> Voice: 503-667-4517 Fax: 503-667-8863