Andrew,

  I wouldn't worry about it too much, at least your contributing.

  There are quite a few threads regarding locking, concurrency and multi
threading.

  IMHO, everyone would benefit from your modification. I would especially like
to be able to deal with Locking issues at the beginning of a transaction
instead of during the middle.

  You can open a ticket by going into http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki and
clicking on ticket.

  Ken

Andrew Teirney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  > Andrew,
>
> Nice modification.. Did you buy any chance post this into the sqlite
> ticketing system?
>
> It would be nice if sqlite would let you acquire a shared lock via the BEGIN
> statement.

No i didn't actually post this to the ticketing system, to be honest i
am very new to all this open source stuff and the procedures and that
associated with requesting changes and providing patches. By all means I
am okay with posting a ticket, i guess i have this fear that i'll do
something not quite right and i'll get flamed for it ;-)

Andrew