> I was just wondering what the odds were of doing a better job than the
> filing system pros, how much time/code that would take on your part and
> how much that time would cost versus speccing a bigger/faster machine.
>
> Martin

I am not fully clear. I just want my program to run at most efficient
and fast even on a low profile end user system. So I am in search for
the best data structure.

I have heard about bloom filter, but in my case it is not applicable.
The final point is, I am just searching for a data structure which is
the result of lateral thinking by experts ;) (like bloom filter)

Thanks,
  Lloyd