On Jun 5, 2008, at 12:09 PM, Shawn Wilsher wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> We are getting reports that sqlite is not working for users of AFP
> (Apple Filing Protocol) in Bug 417037 [1].  I was wondering if this
> was a known issue, and what we could do to help get this resolved.

I think the solution might be as simple as compiling with -
DSQLITE_ENABLE_LOCKING_STYLE=1.  This option only works on a Mac.  It
enables some Apple-contributed code that does file locking that works
on AFP as well as on other network filesystems that the Mac supports.

At one time it was the case that FF handled all of its own locking
such that the SQLite database locking was really unnecessary.  Is that
still the case?  If so, then perhaps the simplest solution here would
be to provide a new compile-time option to disable all of the locking
logic on all systems.

D. Richard Hipp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]