I really don't know where to post this, as it involves both SQLite and Flex
3, but, I'll try here first. Here's what I have in FlexBuilder:

sqlText = "SELECT Up18RODetail.ProductID, TOTAL(Up18RODetail.Qty) AS :qtySum
" +

                                    "FROM Up18RODetail LEFT JOIN
Up18ROHeader ON Up18RODetail.ROID = Up18ROHeader.ROID " +

                                    "WHERE Up18ROHeader.DateUploaded Between
:startDate AND :endDate " +

                                    "GROUP BY Up18RODetail.ProductID " +

                                    "HAVING Up18RODetail.ProductID =
:prodProdID";

                        transactionStatement = new SQLStatement();

                        conn = new SQLConnection();

                        transactionStatement.sqlConnection = conn;

                        conn.open(dbFile);

transactionStatement.addEventListener(SQLEvent.RESULT,
calcUsePercentResult);

transactionStatement.addEventListener(SQLErrorEvent.ERROR, errorHandler);

                        transactionStatement.text = sqlText;

                        transactionStatement.parameters[":startDate"] =
startDate;

                        transactionStatement.parameters[":endDate"] =
endDate;

                        transactionStatement.parameters[":qtySum"] = qtySum;
//String variable

                        transactionStatement.parameters[":prodProdID"] =
prodDataArray[i].ProductID

                        transactionStatement.execute();

Now, the SQL actually works in the SQLite database browser, however it
throws a SQL syntax error when I try to run it in my flex app and I'm not
sure why. The error reads SQLError: 'Error #3115: SQL Error.', details:'near
":qtySum": syntax error', operation:'execute'. I could sure use a hand here,
thanks in advance.

Brian Ross Edwards

Tech-Connect LLC