I'm curious if there is a standard recipe on how to handle exceptions
raised by the database backend modules.

While I use sqlobject I obviously do not want to have to deal with
specific details of the database backends. One of the reasons of using it
is that it hides the database type and access and allows me to work with
any kind of sql database by just changing the connect uri.

However the code can raise exceptions from the backend (for example
connection errors, or integrity errors when duplicate rows are inserted)
In such a case I get exceptions like:

_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError
_mysql_exceptions.IntegrityError
_sqlite.IntegrityError
_sqlite.DatabaseError

However I do not want to include all the exceptions from the database
backends to be able to test them. I don't want to do this because it
means I'm no longer database agnostic and also I can't do it because I
may not have all the database backends that may be used by the
application in it's various installations.
Catching all exceptions is also a bad idea as it can hide other errors.

So is are there any recommendations on how to do this, or some info on how
is this supposed to be handled when using sqlobject?

--
Dan