The terminology may be confusing:
ssl_bump         means more or less "looking at HTTPS traffic"
ssl_bump splice  means "do not bump/intercept HTTPS traffic. No fake CA certificates
are used"
ssl_bump bump    means "bump/intercept HTTPS traffic and use a fake CA
certificate"

So the question is not about ssl_bump but about "ssl_bump bump".
To prevent the active bump, you need an acl to splice (leave the connection
alone)
Something like this:

acl tls_s1_connect      at_step SslBump1

acl tls_vip_users    fill-in-your-details

ssl_bump splice    tls_vip_users        # do not peek/bump vip users
ssl_bump peek      tls_s1_connect       # peek at connections of other users
ssl_bump stare     all                  # peek/stare at the server side of
connections of other users
ssl_bump bump      all                  # bump connections of other users

Marcus