Hi,

What is this image general purpose?

Have a containerized Squid, easy to install and upgrade, and In my case use multi proxies on same machine

Enabled options, here: https://gitlab.com/fredbcode-images/squid/-/blob/master/Dockerfile#L8

Squid is automatically compiled, tested (I will add more tests soon) and finally released as image every weeks

When a test fail, there is no new release.

I'm already using this process for e2guardian, a pipeline runs every time a commit is merged:

You can click on each state to see the process:
https://gitlab.com/fredbcode/e2guardian/-/pipelines/463682244
Example Debian compilation: https://gitlab.com/fredbcode/e2guardian/-/jobs/2055075483

Packages, docker images, are generated when nothing is wrong -> In this situation I'm testing the web filtering with e2guardian and SSL MITM mode enabled

In what environment can it be used?

Any 64 bits with docker (I think it could works also on windows, not sure), but only for x86 and ARM v8 architectures

I have seen that the docker-compose contains three containers:

  * Squid
  * e2guardian
  * other

It's just a basic example for a simple web filtering machine in icap mode, works in progress ... When I have more time, hum, I will add a load balancer (traefik, ha proxy, ?) for an out of box little platform with squid multi instances I also added some options to my image like supgethosts: - squid stop when it can't reach Internet, useful for multi machines and load balancer (or proxy pac) - autoreload: - If a file is changed/deleted/created squid reloads automatically -/
/

Personally I'm using many squid on each machine for better performance, especially with ssl bump

But of course scalability, dead and live of process are using a more complex mechanism that my simple example

In _my case_ with same hardware the performance has increased significantly, I used a single squid by machine before.
Also better than some proprietary products that I had tried.

Fred