Hi,

At 11.11 06/11/2007, Wever, J. wrote:
Hi  People,

I have set up Squid 2.6 on a Win 2003 server with ntlm authentication,
it works great only one problem is that my client (linux thinclients)
are not joined to the domain and whenever they are prompted for a
user/pass the user has to fill: domain\user for it to work.

If the client (user) types just his username and password the hostname
is used as the domain.

This is a NTLM correct behaviour: it happens also on Windows clients non joined to a domain. Correctly Internet Explorer displays a login dialog box with three fields (username, password and domain) for NTLM authentication, while Firefox displays always a two fields dialog box for both basic and NTLM authentication.

I have searched the faq and the email database and found many replies
about configuring samba with smb.conf to use the default domain, however
i'm not using samba.

Is there anywhere else where i might set the default domain so my users
only have to fill in a username and a password (without "domain\")?

This is a Client side problem, not a server side problem: It's the client that fills the domain field of the NTLM request with the local machine name. I don't know if it's possible to set the default NTLM domain used for authentication on the Linux client.

Regards

Guido Serassio

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1           10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135  Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/