Pandu E Poluan wrote:
Anyone care to comment on my email?

And another question: Is it possible to use miss_access with a dstdomain acl?

Rgds.

Pandu E Poluan wrote:
Hi,

I want to know is there a way to force a URL to be retrieved by only a certain proxy, while ensuring that meshing works.

Here's the scenario:

I have a ProxyA ==> connects to Internet via a fast connection "InetFast"
This proxy is used by a group of users that really need fast connection.

I have other proxies ProxyB & ProxyC ==> connects to Internet via a slower connection "InetSlow"
These proxies are used by the rest of the staff.

I configured them all as siblings, with miss_access blocking MISS requests between them, e.g.

# Configuration snippet of ProxyA
cache_peer <ProxyB> sibling 3128 4827 htcp
cache_peer <ProxyC> sibling 3128 4827 htcp
acl siblings src <ProxyB>
acl siblings src <ProxyC>
miss_access deny siblings
miss_access allow all

ProxyB & ProxyC both has similar config.

( The aim is to 'assist' other staffers using InetSlow so that whatever has been retrieved by the InetFast users will be made available to the rest of the staffs )

Now, let's say there's this URL http://www.need-fast-inet.com/ that I want to be retrieved exclusively by ProxyA.

How would I configure the peering relationships?

If you can state the problem and the desired setup clearly in single-sentence steps you have usually described the individual config settings needed.

Is the URL allowed to be fetched by the slow users through proxyB into proxy A and then internet?

Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6