jonnytabpni wrote:
Hi folks,

I have an openvpn server which also runs squid. I wish this squid server to
use a squid server running on a openvpn client as it's parent cache.

It's not working. The connection to to remote openvpn client times out.
Access to the openvpn client is OK everwhere else (e.g. ping from
server/squid machine, ping from other hosts on LAN) etc...

It's as if squid can tunnel stuff down the openvpn link....

Help is appreciated cheers

Smells like mtu failing.

 * check that ICMP errors etc are allowed on your network.
* check that mtu size on the openvpn tunnel entrances is adjusted to account for the tunnel packet headers.

Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6